Professor Dr. Hosne Ara Begum is the Head of the Department of Yarn Engineering. She is the first female technical teacher of BUTEX who is tuning and teaching students with full heart in the areas of Textile fiber, Jute and Cotton yarn manufacturing including Textile Testing and Quality Control. She had started her carrier as a Lecturer in the year of 1995 through public service commission and ministry of education at former College of Textile Technology, now BUTEX securing first position among some newly appointed lecturers. She was the first registrar of BUTEX and successfully run seven months and accomplished up to fifth syndicate of newly born university. She was the hall super as well as the hall provost of Sheikh Hasina Hall for more than 10 years. Many successful female textile engineers have come out from the hall and enjoyed facilities of good governance at her time. She was the 1st editor of ‘Bangladesh Journal of Textile Science and Engineering’(BJTSE), which is the only journal of BUTEX. Now she is engaging herself to distribute her experience and knowledge among students along with doing research on different natural fibers mainly Jute, Areca and Banana with asustainable and environmental friendly way. More than 15 Thesis(M.Sc) have been completed through her supervision. She is a fellow member of Institute of Engineers of Bangladesh (IEB) and life member of Institute of Textile Engineers and Technologist(ITET), Bangladesh. She is an external member of a research technical committee of Bangladesh Jute Research Institute (BJRI). She is also a member of a technical committee ‘Feasibility study of Viscose Rayon Manufacturing from Jute Fiber’ of Bangladesh Jute Mill Corporation (BJMC).
FIELD OF INTEREST:
Sustainable, natural, biodegradable and environmental friendly process and product development
Jute process and product development
New process development of Areca and Banana fiber
Utilization of wastage of cotton and jute mill
Utilization of Apparel and Garments wastage
Biodegradable and environmental friendly composite manufacturing
Dr. Hosne Ara achieved very good academic consequences throughout her pathway. In her level of education she achieved some national and international scholarship. She completed her SSC from Binnaty High School, a remote high school of Kishoregong and HSC from Kishoregong Mohila College with first division. She accomplish her B.Sc. in Textile Technology from College of Textile Technology with 1st class 1st position under the University of Dhaka. She completed her M.Sc. in Textile Engineering degree from Technical University Dresden, Germany beneath prestigious DAAD (German Academic Exchange Commission) Scholarship from 2001 with a very good result. She was awarded Doctor of Philosophy in mechanical engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
1. Toufiqua Siddiqua, Dr. Hosne Ara Begum, Dr. Abu Bakr Siddique, Dr.-Ing. Thomas Stegmaier, Effect of Oil and Oil-Free Emulsion on Jute Fiber Processing and Yarn Properties, International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, Volume-10, Issue-04, April 2021.
2. Md. Ariful Islam, Hosne Ara Begum, Md. Abdus Shahid & Ayub Ali, Antibacterial electrospun nanofibers from poly(vinyal alcohol) and Mikania micrantha with augmented moisture properties: formation and evaluation, The Journal of The Textile Institute, 2020
3. Hosne Ara Begum, Toufiqua Siddiqua, Abul Kalam Mohammad Mazed, Abu Bakr Siddique, Modification of Adapter in Auto Cone Winding Machine for Better Performance, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume-8 Issue-6, March 2020.
4. Md. Khalilur Rahman Khan, Hosne Ara Begum, Modification of Drafting Zone of Jute Flyer Spinning Frame to Improve the Jute Yarn Quality, European Scientific Journal, Volume 16, No. 27, September 2020
5. Hosne Ara Begum, A.K.M. Monjurul Haque, Md. Didarul Islam, M. Mehedi Hasan, Suza Ahmed, Md. Razzak, Ruhul Amin Khan, Analysis of the Adsorption of Toxic Chromium(VI) by Untreated and Chitosan Treated Banana and Areca Fiber, Journal of Textile Science and Technology, Volume 6, 2020
6. Md. Khalilur Rahman Khan, Hosne Ara Begum, Md. Razib Sheikh, An Overview on the Spinning Triangle Based Modifications of Ring Frame to Reduce the Staple Yarn Hairiness Journal of Textile Science and Technology, 6, 2020
7. Hosne Ara Begum, Md. Saitham Al Sagir Rakine, Sadman Ahmed Khan, Md, Khalilur Rahman Khan, Investigating the Interactive Effect of Card Cylinder Speed and Roller Gauge Settings of Breaker Drawing on Combed Yarn Evenness and Imperfections Advances in Applied Sciences, Volume 4, Issue 3, June 2019
8. Jamal Hossen, Hosne Ara Begum, Md. Moslem Uddin, Mohammed Tajul Islam, Md. Masfiqul Islam, Investigating the Physical Properties of Treated and Untreated Jute Fiber-Polyester Composities, Asian Journal of Textiles 2018
9. Hosne Ara Begum, Md, Khalilur Rahman Khan, Md. Merajur Rahman An Overview on Spinning Mechanism, Yarn Structure and Advantageous Characteristics of Vortex Spun Yarn and Fabric, Advances in Applied Sciences, Volume 3, No. 5, 2018
10. Hosne Ara Begum, Md, Khalilur Rahman Khan, Study on the Various Types of Needle Based and Needleless Electrospinning System for Nanofiber Production, International Journal of Textile Science, Issue 6, 2017
11. HosneAra Begum, Subrata Kumar Saha, Abu Bakr Siddique, Thomas Stegmaier, Investigation on the Spinability of Fine Areca Fiber, Journal of The Textile Institute, Volume 110 Issue 2019.
12. Zahidul Islam, A.N.M Mashudur Rahman HosneAra Begum, Comparative Study of Areca Fiber Reinforced Polyester Composite and Plywood, European Scientific Journal, October 2018.
13. Hosne Ara Begum, Md. Ramiz Howlader, Md. Abu Bakr Siddique, AyubNabi Khan, Investigation of Functional Properties Changing in Different Chemical Treatment of Various Cellulosic Fiber using FTIR, Saudi Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume-2, Issue-7, Page 280-285.
14. Mohammad Billal Hossain, Dr. Hosne Ara Begum, The Effect of Chemical Treatment on Tensile Strength and Weight of Banana Stem fiber after Treating with Various Chemical, IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Science, Vol 16, Issue 7 Ver IV, July 2017.
15. Tipu Sultan, Hosne Ara Begum, Effect of Carding Ratio of Jute Finisher Card on Processing Performance and Sliver Quality, International Journal of Textile Science, 2017, 6(4):99-104.
16. Mohammad Billal Hossain, Dr. Hosne Ara Begum, American Journal of Engineering Research, 2017, Volume 6, Issue 1, 322-327.
17. H.A Begum and C. Karmoker , A Novel Technique to use Waste Jute Fibre as a Blend Component with Polyester. Bangladesh Journal of Physics .Vol. 18. Dec 2015.
18. Hosne Ara Begum Abu Bakr Siddique, Md. Maksud Helali, Effects of Vibration on Tension and Properties of Ring Spun Yarn, Bangladesh Journal of Textile Science & Engineering, Vol. 1,
19. H. A Begum, M.M. Helali, A way to Reduce Friction between Ring and Traveler of a Spinning Frame, Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research 47(4),421-426,2012.
20. Md. Tarik Hossain, M.U Jubayer, Hosne Ara Begum, Study on the Construction of Polyethylene Substitute Fabrics produced in Handlooms from Jute and Jute cotton Blended Yarn, Bangladesh Journal of Jute and Fiber Research 2008,28(2):31-39.
21. Md. Moslem Uddin, Md. Shahdullah, Md. Asaduzzaman, Hosne Ara Begum, Effect of Blend Ratio and Material Preparation on the Physical Properties of Jute-Cotton Blended Rotor Spun Yarn, Journal of Textile Engineering Vol: TE 01, No.01, PP 60 – 66 .
22. Sharif Ahmed, Kazi Showrov, Hosne Ara Begum, Comparative Analysis of Ring, Compact and Siro-Spun Yarn, Journal of Textile Engineering, Vol: TE 02, No.01, PP 52 – 59.
National Seminar and Conference:
1. Hosne Ara Begum, “Contribution of Textiles and Clothing Industry on Socio-Economic Development of Bangladesh.”Arranged by ITET, Dhaka Bangladesh, 2014.
2. Hosne Ara Begum, A New Spinnable Fiber in Asian Region.” Arranged by ICTA, Dhaka Bangladesh, 2010
3. Reajul Islam , Hosne Ara Begum, Analysis of the Physico- Mechnical Properties of Jute Polypropylene Blended Yarn, International Conference on Mechanical Industrial and Materials Engineering ICMIME 2015 MS-17 (104) 2015, RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
4. Hosne Ara Begum Abu Bakr Siddique, Md. Maksud Helali, Effect of Frequency and Amplitude of Vibration on Ring-Traveller Friction of Ring Spinning Frame International Conference on Mechanical Industrial and Materials Engineering ICM IME 2013 AM-05 (114-119) 2013, RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
5. 5. H. A Begum, M.M. Helali, Application of vibration for Reduction of Ring – Traveller Friction of a ring Spinning Frame, International Conference on Mechanical Engineering ICM E11-AM-044, 2011(18-220 December) Bangladesh
Abu Bakr Siddique, Hosne Ara Begum and Dominic Berndt, Sustainable Textile and Fashion Value Chains, Drivers, Concepts, Theories and Solutions Chapter 18; Sustainable Development in Textile and Ready-made Garments Sectors of Bangladesh and Innovation for Poor Population in Asia Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2021
1. Introduction to Textile Engineering,Dr. Hosne Ara, Dr. A.B. Siddique, Md. Rashedul Islam, Sharif Ahmed, Books Fair Publications, 2012, Bangladesh.
2. Textile Fiber: Natural Fiber, Dr. Hosne Ara, Dr. A.B. Siddique, Books Fair Publications, 2013, Bangladesh.
3. Introduction to application of Computers in Textile,Dr. A.B. Siddique Dr. Hosne Ara, Hafiz Book Center, Dhaka, Bangladesh
4. Machine Technology& Maintenance of Textile Machinery, Dr. A.B. Siddique, Dr. Hosne Ara, Mr. Pratik Sarkar Hafiz Book Center, Dhaka, Bangladesh
5. Production Planning and Control,Md. Shafiqur Rahman, Md. Ahsan Habib,Dr. A.B. Siddique Dr. Hosne Ara, Books Fair Publications, 2013 , Dhaka, Bangladesh.