About the IQAC-BUTEX
Bangladesh University of Textiles has started IQAC activities since January 2016. The concept of IQAC is to promote the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) in the university to make it ready to meet the requirements for accreditation. The IQAC team has been doing continuous efforts to achieve its’ goal to establish a quality assurance culture at BUTEX. IQAC-BUTEX has successfully conducted a series of training and workshops for the teachers and staff to build the capacity of creative teaching and thinking.
IQAC-BUTEX supervised self-assessment activities of six departments, namely Yarn Engineering, Fabric Engineering, Wet Process Engineering, Textile Engineering Management, Apparel Engineering, and Textile Fashion & Design. These departments have conducted vigorous survey among five major stakeholders: employers, alumni, students, academic staff, and non-academic staff to find the deficiencies in existing undergraduate programs offered by BUTEX. In addition, IQAC-BUTEX have assisted in preparing Course Profile, OBE curriculum, OBE model question based on Bloom’s Taxonomy to introduce the Outcome-Based Education (OBE) in the university. Although it’s a very challenging, but it’s time to implement the Post Self-assessment Improvement Plan (PSAIP), which can bring immense change in the quality of education and the outgoing graduates.
Establishing a Quality Assurance Culture at Bangladesh University of Textiles
- Conducting credible self-assessment in program level and university level, and fixing improvement plan.
- Working with University’s authority and respective personnel for implementing the improvement plan over a target period to mitigate the deficiencies identified in self-assessment report.
- Building confidence of the stakeholders by ensuring best practices in curriculum, teaching-learning, assessment, and research in accordance with internationally recognized quality assurance practices.
- Improving professional skills, knowledge and attitude of teaching and associated staffs.
- Promote quality assurance practices to build-up a quality culture.
- To upgrade the quality of education within the university and ensure the sustainable improvement in all the operations of the university.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the university in general and the quality of teaching and learning in particular.
- To ensure stakeholders (such as parents, teachers, stuff, employers, funding agencies and society in general) connection with education system for improving quality and probity.
- To review existing policies & procedures and suggesting good practices.
- To co-ordinate all quality assurance (QA) activities at the university level; and liaise with UGC and other external QA agencies.
- To monitor & evaluate the self-assessment (SA) practices and processes through audit, survey and other instruments.
- To prepare the university to meet the external quality assurance assessment and accreditation requirements.
- To institutionalize the quality assurance culture within the University.
Quality Assurance Committee (QAC)
- Vice Chancellor, BUTEX
- Dean, Faculty of Textile Engineering, BUTEX
- Dean, Faculty of Textile Chemical Engineering, BUTEX
- Dean, Faculty of Textile Fashion Design & Apparel Engineering, BUTEX
- Dean, Faculty of Textile Management & Business Studies, BUTEX
- Dean, Faculty of Science & Engineering, BUTEX
- Registrar, BUTEX
- Director, IQAC-BUTEX
- Director, Finance, BUTEX
- Dr. Engr. Md. Zulhash Uddin, Appointed by Syndicate , BUTEX
- Dr. Shah Alimuzzaman, Appointed by Syndicate, BUTEX
- Additional Director, IQAC-BUTEX
Faculty Quality Assurance Committee (FQAC)
- Faculty of Textile Engineering
Dean, Faculty of Textile Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Yarn Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Fabric Engineering, BUTEX
- Faculty of Textile Chemical Engineering
Dean, Faculty of Textile Chemical Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Wet Process Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Dyes and Chemicals Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, BUTEX
- Faculty of Textile Fashion Design & Apparel Engineering
Dean, Faculty of Textile Fashion Design & Apparel Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Apparel Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Textile Fashion and Design Engineering, BUTEX
- Faculty of Textile Management & Business Studies
Dean, Faculty of Textile Management & Business Studies, BUTEX
Head, Department of Textile Engineering Management, BUTEX
Head, Department of Industrial and Production Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Humanities and Social Science, BUTEX
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
Dean, Faculty of Science & Engineering, BUTEX
Head, Department of Textile Machine Design and Maintenance, BUTEX
Head, Department of Chemistry, BUTEX
Head, Department of Physics, BUTEX
Head, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, BUTEX
Bangladesh University of Textiles (BUTEX), Room 305, 92 Shahid Tazuddin Ahmed Sarani, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208
Phone: +88-02-58151788, Extension: 307
- DirectorProf. Dr. Mohammad Forhad Hossain
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Forhad Hossain Director
- Additional DirectorDr. Md. Ahashan Habib
Dr. Md. Ahashan Habib Additional Director
- Section OfficerMd. Shamim Islam
Md. Shamim Islam Section Officer
- Accounts OfficerAbdul Motin Dawan
Abdul Motin Dawan Accounts Officer
- Office AttendantReyaz Uddin
Reyaz Uddin Office Attendant
IQAC Archive (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19aolx883MOzrntjAv9VwpqA5xFOAgu4w?usp=sharing)
- BAC_Accreditation Standards & Criteria
- Bangladesh National Qualifications Framework (BNQF)
- UGC_Template of OBE Curriculum (Revised)
- UGC_Template of OBE Curriculum
- Guidelines for BAETE Interim Accreditation Evaluation during COVID-19 Pandemic
- IQAC-BUTEX Activities and Achievements (Jan 2016 – Dec 2018)
IQAC Photo Gallery