Cherishing the vision to become a prominent academic and research scholar, Md. Mazedul Islam (CText ATI, UK), a Commonwealth PhD Scholar is currently serving as Assistant Professor in the Department of Apparel Engineering at Bangladesh University of Textiles and performs teaching and research relating to textiles, apparel and fashion sustainability, merchandising and retailing, sustainable supply chain management, apparel production technology, digitization and management, apparel washing and dyeing etc. He supervises M.Sc. and B.Sc. level students in the aforementioned expertise research areas both from qualitative and quantitative perspective.
Md Mazedul Islam has extensive knowledges, skills and expertise over many years from academic and industry perspectives; and sustainable development perspectives consultancy as well. Prior to this, Mr. Islam worked as Lecturer at Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology (DUET), Daffodil International University (DIU), Guest Lecturer of several textile engineering Colleges and Universities and taught the aforementioned specialized areas. Md Mazedul worked as Merchandiser at Opex and Sinha Textiles Group Ltd. (one of the largest RMG exporting industry in Bangladesh) and MBM textiles and garment group as well, where he was engaged in raw materials sourcing, consumption & costing, product development, production process monitoring and management, commercial activities etc. and thus enriched his industrial experiences. In addition, Md. Mazedul Islam works as Technical Consultant and Trainer at the several textile and apparel industry in Bangladesh in his expertise filed. He also worked as Assistant Editor, Journal of Textile Engineering (JTE), Published by the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) and Research Associate at the Clothing Institute, a global organization for clothing technology and education, a concern of Clothing Technology. He is the reviewer and editorial board member of several international journals and his research works has been published and presented in many renowned peer reviewed journals and conferences globally. He has strong knowledges, skills and experiences in organizing and actively participating to different workshops, seminars, symposium, conference etc. Md. Mazedul Islam is the professional member of The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) and Institution of Textile Engineers and Technologists (ITET), Regional Network Coordinator of Commonwealth Scholarship Commission UK. He was awarded as Associateship (CText ATI), by the Textile Institute (TI), the UK as recognition of his qualification with a high level of knowledge and specialism and contributions for textiles, clothing and fashion sector. He is passionate and working hard accordingly towards sustainable development of textile and apparel industrial and academic sector of Bangladesh through teaching, innovations, collaborative research and development. His dream is to help Bangladesh to be Champion in leading global textile, apparel and fashion business in sustainable way through liaise between industry and academia for sound, safe and glorious future generation.
He believes “knowledge is power” and enjoys sharing his profound knowledge, experiences and research activities with the students. Over many years, Mazedul Islam has been the moderator, advisor and member of numerous Club and Societies like BUTEX Career club, 71 Cultural club, Music society, Badhan, Youth against Hunger, Debating club, Science club, Medics Badminton, Welbeing UoM, Shooting club, Yoga society, Raise and give, MedLife, Bangladesh society UoM, Manchester charity etc. In his spare time, he enjoys reading books, cooking, listening music, watching movies, travelling, paragliding, photography; playing various indoor and outdoor games including cricket, football, tennis, badminton, carom, cheese etc.
FIELD OF INTEREST:
His teaching and research interest includes: textile apparel and fashion sustainability; apparel production technology & management; merchandising and retailing, sustainable supply chain management, green fashion-apparel concepts, methods and applications; fashion consumption and sustainability, digitization and automation, circular fashion etc.
Md Mazedul Islam possess very reflective and outstanding academic records. Currently, he is working as a PhD Researcher and Graduate Teaching Assistant in Textile Design Fashion and Management at The University of Manchester, UK. He was awarded the world prestigious Commonwealth PhD Scholarship (UK) in 2018. He was also awarded the prestigious Fellowship of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA). In addition, he is awarded and entitled as CText ATI from the Textile Institute (TI), UK. He persuaded his both M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Textile Engineering with specialization in Apparel Engineering from Bangladesh University of Textiles with excellent results. He achieved the board scholarship for good results in both H.S.C & S.S.C examination and was also awarded primary and junior scholarship.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
- Mazedul Islam and Md. Mashiur Rahman Khan (2015). Materials and Manufacturing Environmental Sustainability Evaluation of Apparel Product: Knitted T-Shirt Case Study. Textiles and Clothing Sustainability, a Springer Open Journal.
- Adnan Maroof Khan, Md. Mazedul Islam & Md. Mashiur Rahman Khan (2019): Chitosan incorporation for antibacterial property improvement of jute-cotton blended denim fabric. The Journal of The Textile Institute, UK.
- Md Mazedul Islam et. al. (2019). Sustainable practices in global textiles, apparel and fashion industry: A systematic literature review. Journal of Cleaner Production- Elsevier, (Accepted)
- Mazedul Islam & Md. Mashiur Rahman Khan, (2014). Environmental Sustainability Evaluation of Apparel Product: A Case Study on Knitted T-Shirt. Journal of Textiles, USA.
- Mohammad Gias Uddin, Md. Mazedul Islam and Md. Rashedul Islam (2015). Effects of reductive stripping of reactive dyes on the quality of cotton fabric. Fashion and Textiles, a Springer Open
- Mazedul Islam and Adnan maroof Khan (2013), Application of Lean Manufacturing to Higher Productivity in the Apparel Industry in Bangladesh. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research.
- Farhatun Nabi, Rezwan Mahmud and Md. Mazedul Islam, (2015). Improving Sewing Section Efficiency through Utilizationof Worker Capacity by Time Study Technique, International Journal of Textile Science.
- Shafiqul Islam and Md. Mazedul Islam, (2015). Scope of Nonwoven as Filtration Materials-A critical Review. Journal of Textile Engineering (JTE), IEB, Bangladesh.
- Smita Rani Debnath and Md Mazedul Islam (2017), Study on current perspective of Supply Chain Management of Textile & Clothing Industry of Bangladesh in relevant to Future Demand. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research.
- Syduzzaman, Md. Mahbubor Rahman and Md. Mazedul Islam, (2014), Implementing Total Quality Management Approach In Garments Industry, European Scientific Journal.
- Farhatun Nabi, Rezwan Mahmud, Md. Mazedul Islam and Farjana Rahman, (2015). Productivity Improvement through Applying Lean Manufacturing in the sewing section of Apparel Industry. Journal of Textile Engineering, (JTE), IEB, Bangladesh,
- Md Mazedul Islam et. al., (2014). Comparative Advantages of Using CAD/CAM and Manual Cutting System in the Apparel Industries", Journal of Textile Engineering, IEB.
- Islam Md Mazedul, “Evaluation of Environmental Sustainability of Apparel Products: Case Study on T-Shirt” (1st Textile Research Conference (TRC) (2014) held at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Molla, Md. Tahmidul and Islam, Mazed, "An Investigation of Work-Related Risk Factors among Sewing Machine Operators in Bangladesh" (2018). International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) Annual Conference Proceedings. 87, USA
- Islam, Md Mazedul, “Sustainable Fashion: Exploring the Viability of Implementing Emerging Sustainable Practices in Bangladesh’s Textiles and RMG sector” (2019). International Symposium on “Sustainable Apparel & Textiles in the Circular Economy” at Huddersfield University, UK.
- Islam et al. “Sustainable fashion: exploring textile & garment manufacturer barriers, challenges, drivers and opportunities to implementing sustainable practices” (2019). Textiles and Life 2, Conference by The Textile Institute, UK.
- Islam et al. “Sustainable development of Bangladesh’s Textiles and RMG sector through Circular Fashion Approach” (2019). ASBCI Sustainability and Ethics International conference, UK
Phone: +4407424532434 (UK), +8801717825648