Dr. Hasina Akther, Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Physics under the Faculty of Science and Engineering, is specialized in Plasma physics. She joined Bangladesh University of Textiles in 2014. Before that she worked Bangladesh Jute Research Institute (BJRI), as a Scientific officer in 2005 and Senior Scientific Officer (CC) in 2012. And in that capacity she served the BJRI till 7 May, 2014. In BJRI she experienced in Testing and Standardization department using Universal Instron machine, DTA, TGA, Abrasion Tester, Drape co-efficient, Moisture measurement machines etc to standardize and improve textile. In PhD research she characterized structural, optical, electrical (AC and DC) properties of Plasma polymerized N,N,3,5 tetra methylaniline thin film using FTRI, EA, XPS, SEM, DTA/TGA, Edward coating unit, impedance analyzer etc. Moreover she has also keen interested to research ‘Low-temperature plasma treatment in textile preparation and finishing’. She is the member of Academic Council of BUTEX, BUTEX Teachers Association, and life member of Bangladesh physical society (BPS), BJRI scientist society.
FIELD OF INTEREST:
- Plasma polymerized thin film preparation
- Low-temperature plasma treatment in textile preparation and finishing
- Surface modification on textile fiber using plasma method
- Maintenance and quality control of the textile processing technology
Dr. Hasina Akther was born at Lakshmipur, Bangladesh on 10 June 1976. She obtained his B.Sc.(Honours) in 1997 (examination held in 1999) and M. Sc. in 1998 (examination held in 2001) in Physics from Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. She secured 1st Class 1st Position in M.Sc (Thesis group) in Physics. She received his M.Phil degree in 2004 and PhD. degree in 2011 from Bangladesh University of Engineering and technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. She awarded the Post Graduate Research fellow from Bangladesh Council of Scientific and industrial Research (BCSIR), Dhaka and Ph.D Fellow from Dutch Bangla Bank Foundation. Her special interests are to perform research on advanced Physics including surface modification, plasma polymerized thin film preparation, maintenance and quality control of the textile processing technology. She has many publications in the reputed journals and seminar, conference presentations.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
- Dielectric properties of plasma-polymerized N, N, 3, 5- tetramethylaniline thin films, Surface Review and Letters, 18 (2011) 53-60, UK. (www.worldscientific.com)
- Electrical and Optical properties of plasma-polymerized N, N, 3, 5- tetramethylaniline thin films, New J. Phys. 7 (2005) 173, England. (www.njp.org/)
- Space charge limited conduction in plasma polymerized N, N, 3, 5, tetramethylaniline thin films, Thin Solid Films, 488 (2005) 93-97 (www.elsevier.com/locate/tsf).
- Infrared and ultraviolet-visible spectroscopic investigation of plasma polymerized N, N, 3, 5-tetramethylaniline thin films, Thin solid films, 474 (2005) 14-18 (www.elsevier.com/locate/tsf)
- Study of Adsorption of (CH3)2S on Cu(111) Surface, Jahangirnagar Univer. J. of Sci. 32(2) 2009, 95-100, Bangladesh (JUJS, ISSN 1022-4594).
- Determination of Graded-Index Profile of optical fiber by computational experiment, Jahangirnagar Univer. J. of Sci. 24 (2007) 185-189, Bangladesh (JUJS, ISSN 1022-4594)
- Preparation and chemical analysis of plasma polymerized N,N,3,5 tetramethylaniline, Conference paper published in Proceedings of the International Conference on mechanical engineering, 18-20 December 2011, Dhaka, Bangladesh ( ICME11-RT-051)