Mustafijur Rahman, a Commonwealth Scholar, is specialized in the fields of textile chemistry, dye synthesis, chromic dyes application in medical textiles, eco-friendly applications in textile dyeing sector, medical textiles, Polymer & Fibre Engineering, Nanofibres, Bio-materials, Tissue engineering, Polymer Degradation & Stability, etc. Mr. Rahman is highly professional in all aspects of his work. He has been appointed in Bangladesh University of Textiles (BUTEX) at the Department of Wet Process Engineering Department in 2016. Before joining in BUTEX, he worked as Assistant Professor at Primeasia University in Textile Engineering Department. In addition, Mr. Rahman worked as Researcher at Colour Synthesis Solutions Ltd, UK under a research project in collaboration with the University of Manchester in 2014. He was also the Proctor and Examination Supervisor of Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada under the Distance Education and Learning Technologies (DELT) program in 2011-2012 WINTER semester. Mr. Rahman has also two years industrial experience in renowned woven composite industry, South China Bleaching and Dyeing Factory Limited, which is located in DEPZ, Savar, Dhaka. He likes to contributes his knowledge and expertise with the students and takes dignity in empowering the next generation of skilled textile professionals.
FIELD OF INTEREST:
- Textile chemical processing, chemical treatment, textile coloration, textile finishing and functional treatment
- Synthesis of dyes, synthesis and application of reactive azo based holochromic dyes
- Eco-friendly applications in textile dyeing sector
- Medical textiles, wound dressing materials, Bio-materials, Tissue engineering
- Polymer & Fibre Engineering, Nanofibres and Nanotechnology, Polymer Degradation & Stability
Mustafijur Rahman possess very contemplative and outstanding academic records. In 2014, he has pursued M.Sc. in Textile Science and Engineering at The University of Manchester, UK funded by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, UK under the prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan. He has accomplished M.Sc. Research on “Synthesis and Application of Reactive Azo-Based Halochromic Dyes for the Implementation as pH Sensor on Wound Dressings”, Supervised by Renowned Textile Chemist Dr. Muriel Rigout. In the year 2009, he has completed B.Sc. in Textile Technology, Specialization in Wet Processing Technology with First Class from Bangladesh University of Textiles (Former College of Textile Engineering and Technology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh). He completed his HSC from SOS Hermann Gmeiner College, Dhaka and SSC from Monipur High School, Dhaka with excellent results. He achieved the board scholarship for outstanding results in both HSC and SSC examination.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
- "Ageing Effects of Na-alginate/PEO Spinning Solution on Electrospinnability and Morphology of Nanofibres"–published at: EUROPEAN SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL(ESJ),–published at: European Scientific Journal (ESJ) in March 2017 edition vol.13, No.7, No.8, and No.9.
- “Feasibility study of integrated desizing, scouring and bleaching of cotton woven fabric with H2O2 and investigation of various physical properties with traditionally treated fabric” –published at: European Scientific Journal(ESJ), in November 2016 edition vol.12, No.28, No.29 and No.30.
- “An exploratory study on modern 3d computerized body scanning system and various types of pattern making software’s with their constructive implementation in apparel industry” –published at: European Scientific Journal(ESJ), in May 2015 edition vol.11, No.13, No.14 and No.15.
- “Feasible Application of Modern Eco-Friendly Treatment of Wool Fabric before Coloration” - published at: International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 4, Issue 7, July 2014 Edition [ISSN 2250-3153].
- “Recent Innovations in Yarn Technology: A Review” - published at: International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 4, Issue 6, June 2014 Edition [ISSN 2250-3153].
Cell: +88 01913 061 184